Eternal Light - Take control of your memories
No cloud storage, no database
To make it clear: Eternal Light EL1 is a self-contained piece of software. There is no communication with the web and no data is stored on an external database. Your images stay wherever you keep them - safe and sound on your computer. This piece of software requires nothing but itself and your images to run & as long as you have a Mac to run it on it'll keep your memories shining - even a thousand years from now!
We say this because we worry about the amount of cloud based software being released these days which relies on a third-party in order to function.
→ Watch some example recordings
- Transform your photographic memories
into an interactive timelapse movie.
- Use it as a performance device - the tool gives you simple and powerful realtime controls over vast streams of images.
- Use it as a sound-reactive slideshow player.
- Interactive or non-interactive art installations.
- Record audio synced music videos out of a series
of pictures, quickly.
- Use it along with VJ software and mix it
with other sources.
- Remix & Shuffle footage using random playback.
- Get inspiration from whole new views
of your memories.
- Easily animate stopmotion footage at either
a set framrate or synced to sound.
- Control playback of hundreds of thousands of images.
- Play images in sequence or randomly shuffle.
- Playback videos with audio synced or manual retiming.
- Make slideshows at any length and at any speed.
- Sync to sound - reactive to either frequency
or manually tapped BPM.
- Optional remote control with your iPad or iPhone.
- Add feedback visuals for smoother transitions.
- Display your images as moving grids.
- Record everything including sound as a Quicktime movie.
- Send the output to any app that is able to receive
Syphon streams (e.g. Resolume).
Control, present and animate vast amounts of images & videos at your fingertips, synced to any sound.
All you need is a Mac running OSX (Lion, Mountain Lion) and optionally an iPhone or iPad as a remote control.
We have a working prototype and we are now looking for funding to create proper OSX and iOS versions that anyone can install and use easily.
At the core we built this tool with Quartz Composer,
a visual development environment which is part of XCode.
We used TouchOSC to build a working prototype
for the iPad Controller App.
We employed Syphon to be able to make recordings of the output.
Eternal Light EL1
An OSX app that lets you playback, filter, affect & record an infinite number (100,000+) of images & videos at any speed. All synced to sound and controlled (optionally) via iPhone or iPad.